Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

I have a Amana BR22TW that up until a couple of days ago has

I have a Amana BR22TW that up until a couple of days ago has been working just fine. I noticed a couple of days ago that the bottom freezer was not keeping things frozen. I made sure everything was sealing properly and turned the dial to a cooler setting. I checked it again this morning and everything is thawing, even the ice has melted. The fridge portion seems to be working just fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 5 years ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

Is there any frost on the inside back wall of the freezer ?

If this has been helpful please press accept.Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, no frost at all. The freezer is cool, just not near as cold as it should be.
Is the fan in the freezer working ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am at work so I can't check it now. but when I was looking at it this morning, something is running, I can't be sure that it is the fan or the compressor. I will do some troubleshooting on it tonight, but I just didn't know what it could be or where to start.
The problem could be the fan is not working inside the freezer. Or it could be a problem with the compressor. There is a fan beside it if it is not working it could cause the problem.