Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

Three questions 1st-Maytag washing machine, Model #LAT8705AAE,

Customer Question

Three questions

1st-Maytag washing machine, Model #LAT8705AAE, S/N 13656062MM: tub fills to
set level but that's it. No washing or draining. Watched dial for signs of
movement while in wash cycle but nothing. Advanced dial to various stages
of cycle, still nothing. Is it the controls/dial/timer mechanism? approx.
10yrs old

2nd-Maytag side by side refrig, Model #MSD2655HES, S/N 50605634ER:
water/ice dispenser. function keeps switching to ice automatically. can be
filling with water then all of the sudden it switches to ice. if you place
your finger anywhere around the actual ice button (black or blank area of
pad) the ice activates. I have to hold my finger on the water button to
avoid ice switch over. I think it's the touch pad controls. approx. 5-6 yrs
old

3rd-Bosch free standing stove/oven-Model HGS255UC/01, S/N
824072282812002855: set oven temp and the probe signal comes on asking for
probe temp while temp is climbing to set oven temp. I have to unplug to
reset. sometimes it works sometimes not. it happened after oven cleaning
process, if that helps. I have no clue on this one. approx. 5-6yrs old.

Thanks in advance!

XXXXX XXXXXph
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi....Bob here...#1...Faulty Lid switch...#2 Faulty dispenser board...#3 Faulty oven computer..
Please accept my answers to you or let me know if you have any further questions..Thanks Bob
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Re: Bosch Oven

I replaced the Stove/Oven/Range Control Board and we are still experiencing the same problem. After installing Control Board the oven worked. Upon the second time using the oven, the probe indicator went on. I disconnected electrical power to reset computer. The oven worked. Third attempt to use oven, probe indicator went on again. Any other suggestions. I don't know if this is related, but after installing control board we now smell gas. I'm replacing gas hose and resealing all connections and hopefully that will eliminate gas smell.

PS...As you suggested, I found nothing as far as available parts labeled "oven computer". Did I replace the right part?

Jim

Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 2 years ago.
IF the oven worked the first time ..Sounds like you have the correct part..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I unplugged unit again and oven worked. Baked twice today with oven shut down in between baking and oven restarted without unplugging. Most likely has nothing to do with it, but the oven didn't cool down completely. Will try after cooling. My wife wants her '50's gas stove back.

I dont blame her..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Follow up re: stove....contacted Bosch. Unit needs to be unplugged for minimum of 20 minutes to reset the control board. The stove now works...today anyway.

Thanks.

Jim

PS...you were right about washer...haven't tried refrigerator yet.

Great Job..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

not so fast! told you when my wife would use it, it wouldn't work. I just tried this morning without unplugging and it didn't work. It's doing the exact same thing as day one.

Remember it all started after a stove cleaning. Could the extreme heat of the cleaning damaged the probe sensor/connector on the stove wall? I can't beleive that the new control board is faulty and doing the exact same thing the old one was doing or it wouldn't do anything at all. I think it's something else.

Any suggestions?

If you have nothing to suggest...guess I have to make that dreaded expensive service call.

Frustrated!

Jim

Locate the probe sensor connector on the ovens computer..Disconnect the sensor..Then retry..It is possible you have a short in the probe jack itself..We are talking about the Meat sensor ..That is plugged into the wall of the unit to check internal heat of items (Turkey, Meatloaf Etc...?)..If you are talking about the oven heat sensor ..then yes it could have allot to do with it also.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It is the meat probe message that is displayed on the unit. Not the oven heat sensor. I'll do as you suggest. We've never used the meat probe anyway. We won't miss it. Will let you know.

Thanks.

Jim

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hey Bob!

Clearly marked and easily removed probe connection...tested stove without unplugging...it worked! I probably should have told you we don't use the probe and you may have suggested earlier. If there is a problem, eliminate the source, especially if it is useless...brings to mind my wife...joking...still need someone to cook my dinners!

Thanks.