gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs

my ice maker is not producing ice anymore and there is a groaning

my ice maker is not producing ice anymore and there is a groaning sound/ almost like a snoring sound coming from the freezer. when I open the freezer door it stops. can i fix this? or at least stop the noise? we have a fridge where the freezer is a drawer on the bottom.
thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi there.will it make noise when you dispense ice from the door?

Customer:

there is not a door dispenser.

gst85 :

ok the noise you hear could be the gear inside the icemaker that is broken

gst85 :

for now you can just turn the icemaker off

Customer:

I have turned the ice maker off..by placing the bar in the ice maker in the down position...the noise is still going.. and going...and going...

gst85 :

ok you may need to unplug the harness. which is between the ice maker and freezer wall

gst85 :

hi are you still there

Customer:

yes I am here..how to I unplug the harness

gst85 :

it is just clipped on

gst85 :

can you locate it

Customer:

clipped on to what?

gst85 :

to the other part of the harness that powers up the ice maker

Customer:

is it behind the fridge? or inside the ice maker.

Customer:

and is it possible to fix the ice maker?

gst85 :

inside .

gst85 :

there is a repair kit but it is just better to replace it

Customer:

ok. please explain in detail what i am looking for inside the ice maker. i just see a box with 2 wires attached to the back

gst85 :

your looking for the wire harness

gst85 :

which will not allow the ice maker to work

Customer:

is it plugged into the ice maker?

gst85 :

yes sir

Customer:

ok...just unplugged it and YEA! no more grinding noise!! Thank you!

gst85 :

pressing accept pays me

gst85 :

thank you sir

gst85 :

glad i was ablt to help

gst85 :

able

gst85 :

please remember that i only get paid if you press accept.

gst85 :

hi are you still there

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs