Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore

Dishwasher door opens mid-cycle, I close it , it cycles another

Dishwasher door opens mid-cycle, I close it , it cycles another minute and opens again. Water in dishwasher tub.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with your dishwasher. Sometimes replacing the door latch helps but the manufacturer has stated that the door seal needs to be formed. They recommend warming the seal with a hair dryer and then close the door. Use a towel between the top of the door and the counter to keep some pressure on the top of the door to keep the door from popping open. Run the dishwasher through a high temperature wash/rinse cycle a few times and the gasket should remain formed to the door. If this does not completely stop the problem you would need to have the latch plate replaced.