Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

thermador gas range-pilots keep clicking.please help.....

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us a model # ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
model GTH 30
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Is it the top burner igniters that keep clicking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
not the burners themselves. it's the part that runs from one burner to the other,right in the middle of the metal strip, both sides.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Okay that's what I meant it is the top that's clicking, the problem is the spark module but unfortunately there showing this is no longer available,it's been permanently discontinued, your only hope of getting one is the contact Thermidor correctly and see if they may have one in stock somewhere but all my suppliers say no longer available part discontinued, I hate giving people bad news but sometimes the parts are just no longer available there's not much I can do about that, you haven't by any chance spilled any water on the top of the range that may have gotten down inside of you? If you have sometimes the modules get wet or moisture on them and. Will start Clicking by themselves, sometimes unplugging it and letting it dry out if that's the case the clicking. And you can resume normal operations with the range, I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX helps, the part number for the spark module is, 20-09-008 if that helps, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do I unplug it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

I believe this is a cooktop that sits in the counter so if you don't have an oven underneath it and there is a cabinet door just open the cabinet and see if there is a plug for there if there isnt it means it's hardwired which medication will need to shut the breaker off to it, the breaker will be in your main house breaker box, hopefully it's marked, thanks, Bryan