gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I have a Frigidaire FRA093PT1. Is there a way to never have

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire FRA093PT1. Is there a way to never have it generate any water? Where do I find the correct "suitable hose" to drain this appliance?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 3 years ago.

gst85 :

hi what tupe of appliance do you have?

Customer:

air conditioner Frigidaire FRA093PT1

Customer:

its a portable air conditioner

gst85 :

ok can you tell me your problem

Customer:

it generates water and i dont want it to. if i cant stop it from generating water i need to know what sort of hose im supposed to use to drain it because the owner's manual just says "using a suitable hose of a suitable length"

Customer:

the unit is not in dry mode either

Customer:

just cooling mode

gst85 :

ok usually it will drain out from one corner of the casing

gst85 :

now is it coming inside ?

Customer:

what do you mean?

gst85 :

is the water not draining out thru the back?

Customer:

it is thats the whole problem

Customer:

can i not stop that?

Customer:

this is a unit that sits inside your room

Customer:

on the floor

Customer:

if i can't stop if from dehumidifying i need to know what sort of hose to use on the drainage outlet

gst85 :

oh i see then this means that the inside of the back condenser is clogged with mildew

gst85 :

how big would you say it is?

Customer:

ah

gst85 :

lol not a big poblem

Customer:

3 feet tall and 1.5 feet wide

gst85 :

hmm .so its a big one i see.

gst85 :

can you see a hole out from the back

Customer:

one second

gst85 :

sure

Customer:

there is just the drainage port and hole for air exhaust

gst85 :

ok if you can remove the casing you will see all of the build up at the bottom.

gst85 :

just needs to be cleaned

Customer:

alright

Customer:

i will do that

Customer:

thank you for your time sir

gst85 :

pressing accept pays me

gst85 :

thank you to

gst85 :

good luck

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs