gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I put a wash through on my Whirlpool Cabrio and then I heard

I put a wash through on my Whirlpool Cabrio and then I heard a beeping and the lights were flashing. No buttons worked and I had to unplug it to stop the beeping. Not sure if any code flashed up, I think it was just the remainig time on the wash cycle. I plugged it back in and nothing works, it lights up but started beeping again. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 3 years ago.

gst85 :

hi will any buttons beep or fuction?

Customer:

No its beeping as we speak. Nothing works, but all the lights are on.

gst85 :

and no error code correct?

Customer:

Well I don't think there was one, I can go check and see if any popped up.

gst85 :

sure,that may help me understand the problem

Customer:

Ok it says LD

gst85 :

ok just a few minutes please

gst85 :

did it stop before the spin cycle?

Customer:

Yes, its full of water.

gst85 :

ok the error stands for long drain .basically it stoped running because the water was not draining fast enough .you may have blockage in your drain pump or a kinked hose

Customer:

ok do you know how I might be able to fix it?

gst85 :

sure you need to get to the drain pump ..is this a top or front loader?

Customer:

top loader

gst85 :

ok the pump wiil be underneath the tub, you need to find the access panel .possibly thru the back.if you are not to comfortable working on it yourself id have a tech have a look at it

Customer:

Ok and when I get thru the back the hose or drain pump will it be obvious or will it be tucked away>

gst85 :

the pump it not too big so you may need a flash light to locate it.

gst85 :

good luck to you .pressing accept pays me

gst85 :

thank you

gst85 :

do you have any other questions for me

Customer:

ok so how do i clear any blockages or anything

gst85 :

there will be two hoses on the pump..remove them both..place a few towels underneath

Customer:

ok thanks

gst85 :

you may find a sock or a rag

gst85 :

sure

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs