John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

I have a remote controlled ceiling fan-electricity was off

I have a remote controlled ceiling fan-electricity was off for about 2 hours--when it was restored, the ceiling fan and light came on and now won't turn off with remote. It was previously off before we lost electricity. I changed batteries in remote and still no success.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The remote has lost communicate codes with the control board. If you have the owner's manual, refer to the reprogramming instructions. If you don't have the manaul, call the curstomer service department at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor assistance.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.