John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
22250861

Hello, I have a GE Profile Electric stove (dont have the

I have a GE Profile Electric stove (don't have the model #handy). It's the flat ceramic type burner stove & oven, that drops into the cabinet opening and has no raised area against the wall for control dials or knobs. It was purchased in approx. 1999 to 2002, don't exactly remember, and today I noticed that the LED panel is not working properly. First of all, all of the burners do work and heat up properly, so it's definitely not a power issue overall with the stove.

However in the box/panel where the oven temperature & clock appear in digital numbers, the left portion reads 888 degrees with the word SET on the far left side, and the words Delay Broil/Bake Locked/Clean Door at the bottom below the 888 degrees, and next to the 888 numbers are the words ON in a box and all these appear in red or orange color.

In the other half of the LED panel the word SET again appears to the left and the clock portion has 88:88 with the words Start Cook/Clock Stop/Clean Timer appearing below the 88:88 time numbers, and all the information in this portion is in green.

This isn't the normal appearance when the power goes off and then I have to reset the clock due to the power interruption, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Could it possibly be that the LED panel has malfunctioned or given out? I only noticed this today; yesterday it seemed fine. And one other thing, the information doesn't change so it's not as if it's on a timer counting down to start something. Also, in pressing all the other buttons such as normal "bake", "broil" "clean oven", "start", "clock", etc, nothing happens to change the LED appearance or will allow it to be reset.

Can you tell me what the problem might be?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.

First, try removing the power for one hour to see if the control board will reset its program. If that does'nt work, I'll need the model number to get information for you. It's printed on an i.d. sticker that's located on or near the oven door.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience: 25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Think I found the model number on the inside of the door. At the bottom of the sticker giving instructions on the possible tipping over of the stove, and caution instructions about removing trays, racks, etc when turning on the self-cleaning oven, at the very bottom besides the toll free number for product info, is the apparent model number: 326B1229P002. Hope this helps you. I will gladly "accept answer", but would like to hear from you again, now that I've provided the model number. Hope that is ok with you. Appreciate what you told me above and will try shutting off the power during the day today. Right now need to get some rest. If you find out anything, now that you have the Model #, could you please contact me? Thank you.

Expert:  John replied 3 years ago.
I'm not getting a response to the number you posted from my parts sources. A typical GE model number is XXXXX We'll need to seach a bit more. If you still have the owner's manual, you might find the model number on the front page. If you don't, check inside any drawer you have.