esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I have a Whirlpool supercapacity 465. The model number is XXXXX

I have a Whirlpool supercapacity 465. The model number is XXXXX 2. The range works just fine, but the oven has started to fail. I can set the oven temp and turn it on. The oven will turn on and heat to the desired temprature, but then it will turn off and not turn back on. The display will remain at the set temp, but the oven just continues to cool off and not turn back on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 5 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi

esequiel walker :

does it do it on any set temp after reaching it

Customer:

It really just started to behave like this. The past 2 nights we tried to use it this has happened. I believe the tempratures used were 425 yesterday and 400 today.

esequiel walker :

hi that is a result of one thing and one thing only

esequiel walker :

the control board relays are failing to turn the oven back on to maintain the desired temp

Customer:

Sorry, I am a little new to this. Does that mean I need to replace the entire control board or is there a fix that can be done?

esequiel walker :

no problem yes you will need to have the complete control board this will fix the problem