Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

kenmore elite washing machine will not drain beeps beeps beeps

Customer Question

kenmore elite washing machine will not drain beeps beeps beeps and nothing... ;(
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There is a drain catch inside the washer that you will want to access and clean if you're getting this drain error. To access the drain catch, tip the machine backwards and lean it against the wall at a 45 degree angle or so. Remove the 3 screws along the bottom of the lower front panel. The lower front panel will then pull down and off. There is a 3" diameter plastic twist cap directly under the tub mounted to the floor. This is your drain cap. Unscrew the cap and clear any debris inside the drain catch. If you find nothing and the drain hose is clear, replace your drain pump.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The door is stuck shut. How do I get the machine to open? Plus it has water in it. If I open the door, water will pour out...
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
you're right, that's why you need to clean the drain first. The unit won't unlock on it's own until the door is open. To open the door, just reach up behind the upper front panel once the lower front panel is removed. There is a plastic tab hanging from the bottom of the door latch assembly. Pull down on this latch to manually open the door if needed.