Craig
Craig, Electrical Technician
Experience:  33 years experience electrical troubleshooting industrial equipment and control systems.
21549903

i have a vulcan wall mounted gas heater operating on natural

i have a vulcan wall mounted gas heater operating on natural gas. i have noticed recently that it appears to be interfering with my television reception whenever the thermostsat activates a 'reheat' situation (eg. the room temperature drops below that set and the heater 'surges' to reheat to the desired temperature). any thoughts on the issue?

Geoff Quinn, Mildura [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Craig replied 5 years ago.

Craig :

Hello, this sounds very unique. I'm wondering what type of TV reception you have? Is it an antenna on the roof by chance?

Customer:

antenna on the roof, tv reception is good, mildura switched to digital in july of last year and i have installed a dvd recorder that enables me to receive and record all free to air channels. during the time when the heater is not switced on we have no more troubles than others relative to digital reception. problem occurs when heater is on. heater is about 4 metres from tv equipment

Craig :

I'd be willing to bet the heater exhaust is causing this. Reloacte the antenna farther away for a test.