esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

I have a whirlpool gold washing machine that I need to slam

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool gold washing machine that I need to slam the lid several times to get it to start agitating. How do I fix it? It fills with water and sits there until I slam the lid a few times
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi are you there

Customer: Yes
esequiel walker :

hi

esequiel walker :

ok the problem is the lid switch is bad

esequiel walker :

its broken so its making false contact which is why you have to slam it

esequiel walker :

replace the lid switch and the problem is gone .you can get it at www.repairclinic.com they ship overnight.

esequiel walker :

pressing accept for my help pays me thanks

Customer:

ok

Customer:

ok....can you direct me to the switch on a diagram or part number. My previous technicians provided me a blow up and the part number. I need to know how to access the switch. thanks

esequiel walker :

hi

esequiel walker :

can i get a complete model number

Customer:

where is that usually found

esequiel walker :

open the lid and in the center is a silver plaque

Customer:

I do not have a silver plaque. I do see a number printed on the lid SM(NNN) NNN-NNNNRev. A

esequiel walker :

not it

esequiel walker :

look ok top of the control panel or slightly behind it

esequiel walker :

ok look on the back of the top there should be a screw on each side

Customer:

this is printed on the back - part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

esequiel walker :

no

esequiel walker :

intresting its always under the lid in the center

esequiel walker :

see if this helps you

Customer:

there is a stamp in the rear that is (NNN) NNN-NNNN could this be the model number

Customer:

it is the ultimate care II

esequiel walker :

let me check

esequiel walker :

no

esequiel walker :

look behind the top panel

esequiel walker :

there is a screw on each side of the panel do u see them

Customer:

yes. i see the screws

esequiel walker :

remove those then raise the panel up and you will see the switch

esequiel walker :

easy to replace ok

Customer:

can you show me a picture of the switch?

Customer:

or can I send you a picture of what i see some how

Customer:

I verified the part number. thanks

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
thanks