John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

Refrigerator does not come on at all.

Saturday, turned ref. on after leveling travel trailer. 4 hours later ref. had quit running. No light,s on display panel . Checked all fuses, 110 voltage at control panel,battery holding 12 volts. Will not come back on. Stong amonia smell.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

The ammonia odor indicates that there's a refrigerant leak in the sealed system. The leak will be to be repaired, and the system recharged by a RV refrigeration technician.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Will that keep the light in the refrigerator from coming on? Is there a switch that would reset the electrical component?
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

You may have two separate problems, but the sealed system definitely needs to be checked for leaks. Even if you can get the control panel to light up again, the fridge won't cool without refrigerant in the system.