esequiel walker
esequiel walker, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp
15396620

i have a kenmore cold spot 106. the evap fan,lights and ice

i have a kenmore cold spot 106. the evap fan,lights and ice maker will not work. if i turn the thermostate all the way the the left the evap fan works but still no lights. i have replacrd the defrost board no help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  esequiel walker replied 3 years ago.

esequiel walker :

hi there what led to this

esequiel walker :

can i get a model number please

Customer:

just happened model(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

esequiel walker :

ok

esequiel walker :

is the compressor on

Customer:

the compressor and condensor fan work

esequiel walker :

is it cool on either side at all

Customer:

yes the frezzer will frost up because the evap motor is not working. the hard thing for me to understand is why i have 110v on both hot and nuetarl at the evap motor the only time i can get this motor to run is to turn the thermostate all they way left.

esequiel walker :

if you move the thermostat back does the fan turn off

Customer:

i should say that when i turn the thermostat off the compressor shust down and the evap fan comes on. the return thermostat and compressor and condensor fan come back on but no evap fan

esequiel walker :

there is a short in the system

Customer:

yea that is what i thought can find on so far

esequiel walker :

everything comes from the adaptive defrost thermostat its a computer board

esequiel walker :

i would start with the thermostat it sounds shorted within

esequiel walker :

it turns everything off and on

Customer:

yea i just installed a new on same problem. if i ohm between the red wire from the thermostat and any white wire i get continuity

esequiel walker :

then your problem is the defrost timer

esequiel walker :
Customer:

i am sorry the defrost board is what i just installed same problem i think it may be a short in the thermostat

esequiel walker :

ok

esequiel walker :

then the thermostat

esequiel walker :

the inside connections on it

Customer:

is there any way to jump around the thermostat

esequiel walker :

just unplug both wires and put them together making the ends touch each other

Customer:

ok hang on a minute please

esequiel walker :

sure

Customer:

jumped the two wires from the thermostat and no change

esequiel walker :

nothing came on

Customer:

the compressor and the condenser fan

esequiel walker :

not the evaporator fan

Customer:

no or thelights

esequiel walker :

ok there is a short in the system the question is where

Customer:

do you cut holes in the case to check the backside of the connectors

esequiel walker :

what case

Customer:

the fridge casing i can only get to the exposed side of the connector

esequiel walker :

which connections

Customer:

i think it may be it the top behind the controll panel if i unplug this connector slowly the lights do come on but not every time

esequiel walker :

ah ok

esequiel walker :

where it plugs it makes sense

Customer:

should i cut a hole in top of the fridge to gain access to the back side of the plug

esequiel walker :

sometimes you do what you have to ive done it twice

esequiel walker :

sometimes the short is in awkward places

Customer:

ok thanks

esequiel walker :

pressing accept pays me thanks

esequiel walker :

good luck

Experience: my father has an appliance repair business for over 30 yrs i have 18 yrs exp