Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years Repairing Appliances, Factory Trained in Several Major Brands Self employed owner at All Better Appliance
41736587

I have an amana gas stove with a vented center

Customer Question

I have an amana gas stove with a vented center section white in color finish is gone in front panel and the oven control knobs missing . this was a beautiful stove oven combo and now appears to be junk. I have no way to do anything but this type of self venting stove. The only solution seems to be a jenair. I will buy another stove of same type seems to be only option but appears not to be available. Help!!! xxxxxxxxxxx
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Repairman1981 replied 5 years ago.

Repairman1981 :

Sounds like you have done your research, a jennair is about your only replacement option

Repairman1981 :

Are the parts discontinued for yours? I would need a model number to advise you on it

JACUSTOMER-cdx49hle- :

No model available, 30" wide 29 deep. May have to fix jen air is 2,000+. Really limited to venting through stove. stove is in counter top facing a bar and open greatroom concept. Any surplus damaged goods anything that can exhaust this way???

Repairman1981 :

The only one for the last 5-10 years that exhausts that way is the jennair, There is the option of the back snorkel vent but with your max depth I don't think any of them would be an option either

Repairman1981 :

Want me to help you fix yours?

JACUSTOMER-cdx49hle- :

Looks like the brain for tne oven not working, front white finish destroyed. yes if feasible. XXX-XXX-XXXX. Elcajon.

Repairman1981 :

got a model number?

40878.019469213