Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.

We own a Maytag Gemini Natural Gas oven, Model # XXXXX

We own a Maytag Gemini Natural Gas oven, Model # XXXXX The bottom oven works only intermittently. When it does function, the burner takes a very long time to ignite and does not maintain the set temperature despite the fact that the temperature display does not change. The ignitor block glows orange when the oven is turned on however oftentimes it appears that there is no gas flow. The stove burners operate perfectly.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

The answer to the problem here is in the description of the problem you gave, "the igniter glows orange" A good igniter will glow bright yellow to the point where you cant look at it, if the igniter glows yellow/orange it's not drawing enough amps to open the gas valve. Replace the igniter and you will be all set.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.