Peter
Peter, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years in the home appliance service and parts industry.
27890704

I asked Tim Alan about my refrigerator that has water under

Customer Question

I asked Tim Alan about my refrigerator that has water under the crisper drawers. We have tried to do what he said but it isn't working. I do not mind ppayinfg for help but I am having a FLOOD IN M Y KITCHEN!!! Can someone please help? It is a Kenmore top mount model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. First, may I asked how you flushed the drain?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We poured hot water down the drain.
Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.
Okay, and the water didn't drain as of yet?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No.
Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.
Okay, well the other thing that the previous tech might have overlooked to tell you is that you need to do is the warm water (sometimes it takes a lot) and get like a good tube and blow through the drain as it can get clogged with debris. Also, to help let you know when the drain is unclogged, pull the fridge out and take off the bottom panel then by the fan you will see the end of the drain tube. When you see water coming out of it then you are good to go. I am here for further assistance and thank you very much for your time and patience, Randy
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Randy,

I just added more hot water and it is coming out of the refrigerator onto my floor. My husband has already pulled the fridge out, removedthe bottem panel and tried to clean out the hose. Anyother suggestions?

Expert:  Randy replied 3 years ago.

Okay, it is hard to tell by the diagram but tell me this, can you see the drain tube running down the back of the fridge? Also do you have a flexible hose about 5 ft long or a good shop vac?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We tried cramming a wire up from the bottom after removing the clear drain tube in the back but it only goes up about 8 inches. The wire will not go down very far in the front. We tried using a suction hose from a rug shampooer on the top but it is too cramped and did not do much. We have a very large shop vac.

We were finally able to clear the line with hot water and alternating pressure and suction. Thank you for trying but we could not use your solutions.

Expert:  Peter replied 3 years ago.

Hi, my name is Peter.

I assume that you have removed the control housing down from the ceiling of the refrigerator. Do you have a turkey baster. Fill it with hot water and force the water through the hole in the back wall.

Peter

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Peter,
As I am getting your message almost 8 hours after I began asking, I have already gone to bed, woke up and need to go to work. My husband will call someone to come out today. I do believe that since I did not receive the reply in a timely manner, and since my food has spoiled that I can use your information. I am sorry.