Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

water runs into vegetable bin on right side from opening in

water runs into vegetable bin on right side from opening in back of refrigerator. looks like drain may be stopped up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Yes sounds like the defrost drain is plugged. To fix the problem follow the directions below.

Remove the shelf’s and food from the fridge then take out the panel at the back of the fridge. You will see ice build up in the drain pan below the evaporator. Melt ice with hairdryer/heat gun then once the ice is clear you will see a hole in pan that leads to drain tube. Pour some hot water in pan, wait a couple minutes. Mop up water and repeat this step 2-3 times....once you have done this find some flexible curtain wire or electrical wire and poke it down the hole until you see the water drain. Now it is clear.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Answer is logical. Can you offer a reason that the drain is/could be stopped? Willthis happen again/probably not/ never???

Thank you.
Jim Conoly
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes food particals and sometimes ice. This is a common problem with all makes and models.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i think I accepted. Hope you get paid for the quick replies.
Expert:  Mike replied 5 years ago.
Yes you have thanks!