Neilwill
Neilwill, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years experience appliance repair and installation
25067054

my dishes are no longer clean after i run the washer.

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!
If you have any questions after reading my answer,be sure to let me know.

There must be build up of debris in the system.
Try running the dishwasher without dishes on the strongest wash ( Like pot Scrubber) with a cup of white vinegar in the tub rather than detergent. This should clean the mineral build up and start you off with a proper running dishwasher again. Let the hot water tap in the sink run until the water comes out hot, before starting the dishwasher. I sometimes put a cup of white vinegar in the first wash, and stay there until it finishes draining and put the same cup of vinegar in the tube for the second wash too!

If the dishes wash nicely after this cleaning, then you know that once a month you need to run Finish dishwasher cleaner through you machine once a month to keep it maintained. they sell it in WalMart for $4.19 a bottle.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey , I tried your solution but after having done so the dishes are still not being cleaned and the detergent is still kind of stuck in the tub and gloppy. Any other thoughts? Can I give you any more information to help?

Thanks!
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
Did you let the hot water tap run in the sink until the water gets real hot, before starting the dishwasher. And then run the machine with the cup of vinager, empty? or with the dishes loaded?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
Are you using powder, tablet or liquid detergent?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
did you notice if the water was hot when you opened the dishwasher door to pour in the cup of vinager in the second wash?

What is you complet model number?
Most Bosch dishwashers hav filters to clean too! This may be clogged.
Have you ever claened these filters?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The machine is a Bosch and the model number is XXXXX /14where would i find the filters?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went through the manual and it looks like the drain itself is not draining. How do I drain it (clear the drain out)?
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
Did you clean the filter shown in the manual?

What is you complete model number?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yup I did. If this helps, it is taking forever to run the cycles now.
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
You still did not, give me the model number????
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Im sorry, thought it did. It is SHU43C05UC/14
Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
Go to this link for the manual and scroll down to pages English 24,25 & 26 these pages deal with poor washability . Make sure you go through that carefully. M For example, one common cause for this is the fine-mesh stainless steel screen at the bottom of the sump. Those holes are already tiny so even if they only get gooked up a little bit, that represents a huge pressure drop across that screen. This causes some dirty water to be left behind resulting in dirty dishes.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I read the manual and did all that was suggested but the last one I ran still did not wash the dishes.

Expert:  Neilwill replied 5 years ago.
It seems you may have a problem with the circulation pump
being faulty or the water never completely is removed and some dirty water may be left internally. This seems like it may be the problem. Unfortunately , this would require a hands on tech on location to open it up and see what is wrong inside.