Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a Frigidaire range model #FGF378WCCE and the oven won,t

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire range model #FGF378WCCE and the oven won,t light. Got any ideas for where a do it your selfer can start checking things?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. So, when you go to bake and broil you see the red glow but no ignition? When you get the red glow do you get any gas smell?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Randy, No gas smell.
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Okay, the way the oven works is when you turn on either bake or broil the control board will send power to the igniter to start to heat up (the glowing). Okay, when it gets hot enough it sends a signal to a safety valve and that sends the gas to the burner to ignite. Now, your problem is that this valve is bad and need to be replaced. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the valve is #17 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How sure are you that replacing this part will fix the problem? And if it doesn't can I contact you for other options?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
I am very sure since that is the only thing that the broil and bake element have in common. Yes, just look me up again as The Appliance Guy if that doesn't work. Take care and let me know how it goes. The only other thing it could possibly be is the control board but that is very unlikely.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
replaced the part and only the broiler lights, still no oven flame. What's next?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Okay, then the only other thing left is the control board which is not very common at all for going out. You need to replace that. If you go to and put in your model number it will also give you a wiring diagram and you will see how it is all interrelated. Let me know how it goes.