Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Whirlpool self cleaning electric oven light does not turn off

Whirlpool self cleaning electric oven light does not turn off between right side burner controls.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the "hot surface" indicator light isn't turning off that tells you that one of the burners is still hot? Or is this the light that tells you one of the burners is "on"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not the not surface indicator the one up on the back panel between the right front and right rear control.
ok that just means that your burner switch is bad because it thinks that your burner is turned on all the time even though it's not. You have a failed contact on the switch and the switch and the switch behind the knob will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If the paper is missing from the plastic bag in the rear where can I find a model number to get this correct switch?
it's on a sticker around the frame of the oven somewhere. If you open the door or remove the drawer below the door, you should be able to see the sticker with the model number on it.