Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service
14308609

How do I fix my GE dishwasher that is filled with water and

How do I fix my GE dishwasher that is filled with water and won't drain?

It's a GE Profile, Triton

SN: GSD533ODO2WW
LA816926b
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

have you put in a new disposal before this started?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If you mean to ask if we have an electronic disposal in the sink, the answer is no. We have not changed anything recently.
my wife has said that there may be a piece of glass in the dirty water trapped in the bottom of the dishwasher. A wine glass may have broken.

Sims
if so it would have made it to the drain pump, slide the dishwasher from under the counter and remove the pump and clean it out, if nothing is in it then replace it and the part number is XXXXX and cost about $28 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you ,, Glad i could help you with your problem so please be fair and press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks

graphic
i will be going off line in a couple minutes so if you have other questions please ask now and if not then please press the accept button for me so i may be paid ,, will be back on line in the morning ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I was eating dinner.

Do you mean to say that if the pump is not damaged I can reinstall it, but if it is damaged I have to replace it?

And do I have to unplug the washing machine and turn off the circuit breakers in order to get at the pump?

yes if you can get out whatever in it and its not damaged then put it back in ,,, you will need to cut off the power to the unit and disconnect the water line thats hooked to it and slide it out and tilt back to get to it ,, thanks
before i leave today do you have any other questions for me ,, Larry
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, except that I'll have to try the actions you've suggested some time in the next few days.

Can I reconnect with you if I need help? I did sign up for monthlong access.

Sims
you sure can ,, just come back here and send me a note and i will get back to you ,,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Larry. I'll keep you posted.

Sims