Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

Every time I turn on my gas range oven it smells like urine/dead

Customer Question

Every time I turn on my gas range oven it smells like urine/dead animal. I've called the manufacturer, but they were not helpful. I have cleaned out the inside of the oven as well as the broiler, but the smell hasn't gone away (I did find mouse droppings inside though. There is a high probability that the mouse is still in there, but it shouldn't be alive by this point, it has been months. Where could the mouse be? How should we remove it? Could the insuluation be the problem, and if so what type of replacement insulation should I use?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

this will not be a easy fix, you will need to slide the unit out, unplug and remove the back and sides and replace the insulation ,, you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you with the model number but it will have to be ordered ,, sorry