Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

hello i have a GE microwave MODEL JES1142WMC ( manufactured

Customer Question

hello i have a GE microwave MODEL JES1142WMC ( manufactured march 2010) purchase about 5 months ago.
one day starts smelling like electrical wire burning everytime we use it . It works but that smells is making us worry that it might affect our health. also i see sparks in some of the foods we heat on it. please let me know what are my options. thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

call GE or Sears and set up a service call, you have a full one year all parts and labor warranty from time you buy the appliance and you have either a bad transformer or magnetron and these parts are not cheap ,, thanks
Glad i could help you with your problem so please be fair and press the accept button before you leave ,, thanks