Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

bosch dishwasher, the delay start and power scrub buttons seem

bosch dishwasher, the delay start and power scrub buttons seem to have lost contact with the panel board
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number for the dishwasher so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker on the right side of the door.

And what do you mean by "lost contact" do they not feel like they have resistance when you push in on the buttons?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it is an older model the sticker on the side is so faded can not read, that is exactly what it feels like, can not seem to undo the fron panel to check. all other buttons work as well as the dishwasher, biut it now has 1 hour delay
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by "lost contact" do they not feel like they have resistance when you push in on the buttons?

And describe the buttons or the way the control panel looks so that I might be better at guessing the model number since you don't have the model.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the power switch is on the left, delay start button is aprox. center, the different cycle buttons next to the daly, just the two buttons feel like they have no resistence, and i cant see how the control panel can be removed, thanks
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
OK so it sounds like your plastic case around the control board has some broken buttons, you'll need a new plastic case. Below is a link to the case around the control board that I think you'll need for your model (just guessing because you don't have a model but this is by far the most common case that gives the problem your describing)

CLICK HERE

To access the control board, just open the door and remove all the screws around the border of the door except the 2 down by the bottom of the door hinge, just loosen those two. Once you have those out, remove the 2 coming in from the sides of the control panel (left and right). The control panel will then pull off and you can access the control board inside. Remove the control panel and there are 3 tabs on the bottom of the control board you need to depress. Push on the tabs and remove the control board, then switch over connections one at a time and you should be good to go again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I'm sorry for the length of time to respond. I had to go purchase a torx bit for the screw heads. you were corect on the panel removal, it appears there is little plastic fingers for the buttons to work, but they seem to be attached to the circut board. is that part available at resonable cost?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
that's the part that I linked to you. You can't replace the any part on the control board separately at all all, so if the problem is the control board, the control board would need to be replaced for about $150. Below is a link to the case I am telling you about.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i followed that link, it appears that it's just the stamped metal frame that supports the circut bd, and it's only 40.00, that can't be right
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no, that is the plastic case of the control board that I linked to you and it's about $40, and it is right!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
Below is a link to the part, one last time.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
if iunderstand i really need the circut bd, because that's were the plastic fingers are attached
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
ok then below is a link to the circuit board you'd need to order.

CLICK HERE

Have a nice day

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for all of your help
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 years ago.
no problem and good luck

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.