Mike, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing appliances for 25 years, I run my own appliance repair business.
22302088

kenmore side by side refrigerator not working. Compressor not

kenmore side by side refrigerator not working. Compressor not on.
Hi my name isXXXXX will be assisting you with this problem.

Ok the problem here is either the relay is bad or the compressor is bad, To figure out which pull the power for the unit then take the cover/retaining clip off the side of the compressor. Once the cover/clip is off pull the wires off the relay and give the relay a pull it should pull right off. Once the relay is off shake it, if it rattles like there are broken pieces inside then it's bad and should be replaced. If it does not rattle then it's possible the compressor is bad. In this case you will need to get in a qualified tech to replace the compressor.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask. If you have no further questions please don't forget to hit the accept button since this is how I get paid for my time and effort. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Same thing happened two years ago and smelled burning smell. I replaced Relay switch (R041) and problem was fixed. I shook switch and was rattling inside. Since only two years since replacement, is this still normal?
This model does seem to have a problem with serges blowing out the relay, could also be a issue with the compressor, replace the relay and put the unit on a serge protector, if the relay blows out again I would have the compressor checked out by a qualified company.