Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Hi, I have an Amana French door refrigerator. Recently the

Hi, I have an Amana French door refrigerator. Recently the right door pops open and stays open when the left door is shut. There seems to be little or no magnetic pull on the right door. The refrigerator is 6 years old and the gasket is in excellent condition. No corrosion, no splitting, no tears and it's not dry or hardened. Should I try and replace the gasket anyway? Or do you think there is another problem with the cabinet pressure?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you need to replace the door closer, its part # XXXXX on this diagram, its on the bottom of the doorand on the hinge it helps keep the door shut and also helps close it, thses wear you need to pull the door to replace this. you can order this @ thanks Bryan