Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Cabrio Dryer, WED6200SW1. Metal top dropped into dryer vent

Customer Question

Cabrio Dryer, WED6200SW1. Metal top dropped into dryer vent and fell to bottom. makes noise when drum is turning, therefore, need to remove.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

are you talking about part # XXXXX on this diagram?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
down the shaft where you place the lent screen, metal top dropped. i can hear it rattle around when i turn on the unit--maybe on the inside floor of unit or on back side. advise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
its down in the blower assembly, this is bad , dont start the machine again until we get it out. You will need to remove the vent screen chute, # XXXXX on this diagram, to do this first you must take the two screws out on the top of the machine with the screen goes in and then remove the back panel on the dryer, pull the dryer away from the wall and remove the back panel, make sure you unplug the dryer before doing this, then there will be screws number 13 on the diagram that need to be removed around the chute, the chute will be on the left side when looking at the back, remove the screws and pull out the chute at the bottom and work it out completely so you can get at the blower assembly where the cover has fallen into, this is not too difficult a job, the screws will have 1/4" screw heads so you will need a socket or nutdriver to take them out, once you get this chute out you will build remove the top cover that fell in, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

are you still there?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
must i remove the vent chute or can i just remove the back panel? when i tipped the unit forward, i heard the top slide.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
you will need to remove the chute, its inside it,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I need to run a child to school. when i return, i can tackle this issue. please keep this ticket open.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sure, no problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
it appears there are four (4) screws on the top at the chute opening. confirm all will need to be removed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
yes, you may if your real lucky and can get one of those tellascoping magnets you may be able to slide it down the chute and get it out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i am back and getting started. start the timer....
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
finished. any concerns or fire trouble i should be on the look out for??
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
did you get it out? if so have you run it since to see if theres any noise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
got it out. running now. no noise, drum turning and clothes drying.

realized that i didn't need to remove 2 of the screws on the top of the machine at the chute opening. front two could have stayed in place as it holds the metal seal which dropped to the side the moment i removed the chute off the back of the unit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I consider this ticket closed.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

oh, you should be all set then, the diagram didnt really elaborate on the screws in the top, anyway good job and try not to drop it down there again, LOL have a great day thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Please don't forget to press the accept button, this is the only way I get paid, thanks again, Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
pressing ACCEPT NOW......thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
thanks. Bryan