Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag gas stove. Broiler works ok. No gas for oven. Ignitor

Maytag gas stove. Broiler works ok. No gas for oven. Ignitor comes on. Replaced oven control pwb and dual gas valve same problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Is the broiler in the top of th
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
sorry , got cutoff. is the broiler on the ceiling of the oven? In other words is the flame for the broiler in the top on this oven?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

yes it is

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
okay, this southern has two igniters one for the broil and one for the bake as you know, just because the bottom igniter lights up and glows doesn't mean it's good, these igniters get weak especially the bake one because you use that more than the broil and after they get weak they do not draw enough amps to open the safety valve, you need to replace the bottom igniter, we see these almost daily where we have to replace them, this will take care of your issue, you can order this at the following link if you wish, or pick one up locally if you have appliance warehouse nearby, the part number is, 12400035, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I changed that first with a spare that I saved since this piece of shit stove eats them. So you think that it is glowing brightly it is no good..
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
That's 90% of the time the problem, if your careful you can switch the one from the broiler to the bake and see if it lights, if it does you'll know for sure, but in my experience like I said 90% of the time the igniter is too weak to open the safety valve even though it glows brightly, these stoves to go through them. Thanks, Bryan