Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hello, I have a whirlpool ultimate care ii, model number lsq8243hz0,

hello, I have a whirlpool ultimate care ii, model number lsq8243hz0, and the cold water will not stop filling the washer. it just won't shut off... causing it to overfill. so I switched the hoses at the taps, and set the washer to warm, on fill and rinse.... any ideas why the water will not stop coming? auto shut off broken? simple fix? or big deal?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have to shut the water off at the house to stop it or if you unplug the machine does it stop?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I have to physically turn the water off at the tap, hmm... will check on if I have to unplug... one sec....
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, I have to physically turn the water off at the tap, and ya, even if I unplug the washer from the wall, the water keeps on coming...
you need to replace the fill valve in the washer. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/868761?modelNumber=LSQ8243HZ0#repairHelpVideoTabs this will take care of the issue. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
perfect. thanks a lot Bryan. plus cool website for future reference.

Cheers,

G
no problem,this is a common problem, thanks and well wishes, Bryan