Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ice is not coming out of door. It is making ice but not dispensing

Ice is not coming out of door. It is making ice but not dispensing it. I have cleaned out the storage bin but the chute (on the door)is not closing.What else might be the problem?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the ice bin isn't jammed and the water dispenser still works, then you just need to replace your auger motor. It sounds like you've put a warm cloth around the motor to heat it up if it was frozen for one reason or another, but if that didnt' solve the issue, you just need to replace the motor to fix the issue. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Does this just pry up from the door?
Whirlpool made this motor come out three ways (they changed it on some versions). It can either come up after you remove the ice bin and the floor below the ice bin, or remove the dispenser frame and pull it out the front, or if you up from below on the inside of the door there is a 4" x 4" plastic access panel you can remove. There is no way to really know which access your unit has.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I replaced the auger motor & still nothing
not sure what to say other than possibly the switch in the control panel is bad and not activating when you're pushing on the lever. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the front of the dispenser off to hopefully check around and see.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

now what am I looking for?

just to see if the switch clicks when you push on the water dispenser lever

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There are no sounds out of the gray board

I have no idea what you are talking about.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The gray board is on the back side of the panel were all the wires run to
I understand that, but it shouldn't make any noise anyways so I have no idea why you are pointing that out.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
On your reply you said to push the dispenser and see if it clicks. So which switch am I listening to ?
the switch behind the lever that the lever is touching when you push it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So I have dig deeper into this then just the face correct? I do not see the switch.
you might have to, I'm not there so I can't say for certain but you should hear a light click when you push the paddle if the switch is being activated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There is no click & I can see what is touching when pressed. There is a black tube taped inside with the numbers(NNN) NNN-NNNNpvc 4 001060 would that be fuse?
I'm not sure, I'd need to be there to see it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got webcam? LOL!! Time for a pro?
unfortunately not but there shouldn't be a fuse in the dispenser. It should look something like the part in the picture below.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
There are 2 one on each side (1 for H2O , 1 for ice)& because it only cost $11 you know that is what is wrong. Is there anything else that I need to check before I say good night?
yeah it's unlikely that both switches have gone bad, I'd probably go with the dispenser control board itself.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok thanks for your time I will get on that tomorrow
no problem, good luck.