Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Whilpool Gold Accubake System. Model GY396LXPS000.

Customer Question

I have a Whilpool Gold Accubake System. Model GY396LXPS000. Serial # XXXXX The cooktop works fine, but the digital temperature guage started cycling up untouched and asked if we wanted to press start. We cancelled it, but it kep coming on randomly when we were using the cooktop. We kept cancelling it out, but it started beeping and an hour later stopped, but now the oven does not work and when you press the buttons, nothing comes on. Do I need to replace the electronic front panel. How much does Whirlpool charge to fix something like this?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Unfortunately this means one of the keys on the touch pad is sticking, this is actually separate from the control (ERC) electronic range control, if the one you have looks like the one above, does it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes it does look like the picture.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok this part will need to be replaced, it runs around $198.00 plus the labor and service call. you are probably looking at around $300.00 to repair this, if you would like to order the part and do this yourself heres a link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Touchpad/1262049?modelNumber=GY396LXPS00 hope this info is usefull, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry. I thought the part was correct, but it was not. The above picture is the part I need.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thats the same part it just looks different in the control panel, if you had yours out you would see its the same, the control panel just covers some of it. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. If I am pretty handy, do you think I can install it myself? Any advice on where to go for installation diagrams?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Sure you can do this yourself, you can just go into the back pull the range out take the back panel off and you will see how it goes together, you're actually not going to replace the clock which has the readout you're just going to replace the touchpad part in front of that, it doesn't come with the silver part that's why it looks so different, you shouldn't even need diagrams there are only a few screws holding the clock and then if you that hold the touchpad assembly I believe, just make sure you unplug the range before you start this repair, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
no problem, well wishes and thanks Bryan