Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a kenmore calypso washer, 8 yrs old, will jam at 6 min.

i have a kenmore calypso washer, 8 yrs old, will jam at 6 min. before finish.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

your drain pump is bad. can you get me the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i do know the model #, buy i know it is calypso
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX the lid in the back when you open it, I can't look up your pump without it, let me know if you find it, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well I'm still not getting that number to come up but I know what pump it needs, whirlpool had to redesign the pumps in these machines, they used to have a separate pump and motor that went together but the pump would strip and they used to sell just the pump to install on your original motor but now they only sell the whole pump and motor assembly together, this is the pump and motor, this is what whirlpool says about the pumps,

Washer Drain pump & motor assembly, Calypso style washer. *Note: This is a pump & motor assembly now that replaces the original style plastic pump. You have to get to this from the bottom so what you need to do is tip the machine back and remove the bottom cover, there are 5/16" screws holding this cover on remove those and take a flashlight and you will see the pump and motor, it is kind of buried up inside but the new one comes with instructions and tells you how to change it you can order that at the following link, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan