Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

whirlpool refrigerator KT1LFKXK006 with ice maker. The freezer

whirlpool refrigerator KT1LFKXK006 with ice maker. The freezer was overloaded, covering the ice maker. The maker ejected ice, but water continued to flow, filling ice bucket and flowing out onto floor. Now, the ice maker doesn't fill. How can I fix it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is the ice maker cycling? are the fingers turning?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It may have cycled once (there is some ice in the tray. They put a box over the tray, which blocked the fill arm.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok what possition are the fingers in right now? 10 oclock 12 oclock and so on.?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Fingers are at 11 oclock
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok thats not good, is it just stuck there?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
They are stuck. I can move them from 10 to 11, not no further.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
if it doesnt move any further by itself the ice maker is bad, these have gears inside that break, unfortunately they don't sell parts for this particular icemaker any longer, you would need to replace the icemaker itself, here is a link to the icemaker, it's $105.00 the there however, a little secret take your icemaker out and bring it to Lowe's, Lowe's sells aftermarket icemaker's and even original whirlpool ones for like $49.00, I use them all the time when people try to save money, if you bring it with you they will match up the one you need there is a number on it they can cross-reference for you, it's half the price but just as good, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan