Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have an older amana range with self cleaning oven. i do not

i have an older amana range with self cleaning oven. i do not see a model number on it and i am not able to pull it out to see if it on the back. it started flashing F-1 and the oven does not work but it keeps beeping. can you give a clue as to what it is. thank you
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Unfortunately this means your ERC has failed, (electronic range control) in other words the clock, without a model number I cannot look it up for you though, this is the information on that ,

F1Watchdog circuit Replace Electronic Range Control (ERC)

if this has a drawer in the bottom open it and see if there is a tag with the model number on it, let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the model # XXXXX

serial is9903285762

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
great here you go. this is the ERC, the part number is XXXXX Sears has this for $175.70 at the following link, ;productTypeId=0124111&searchModelNumber=ART6113WWP1143638NWW&subCompDesc=Main%20top%20and%20backguard&brandDesc=AMANA&modelDesc=ELECTRIC-RANGE&blt=11 you can Google that part number and you may find it cheaper, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan