Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

Gibson Range. Oven wont heat up. When I turn on the oven,

Gibson Range. Oven won't heat up. When I turn on the oven, nothing happens. Can't find a pilot light. Can't smell gas flowing. All the burners on the range top work just fine. Does the oven have an igniter or a pilot light? Not sure. Model MGF024WESA
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Sounds like your oven igniter below the floor inside your oven is just starting to fail and needs to be ordered and replaced. Oven igniters last about 6-8 years under normal use before they tend to start failing. They need to draw at least 3.2 amps or else they won't open the gas valve correctly and it will either crack the valve open, or open and shut the valve several times when it should just be holding open. It doesn't matter if the igniter is glowing or not; just because it glows doesn't mean the igniter is drawing enough power to open the safety valve. The igniter is only about a $50 part and you can replace it yourself if you want to remove the racks inside the oven and then remove the floor to access it. Otherwise it will cost about $150-175 to call someone and replace it for you. It's probably better to repair than replace the unit in this case.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, I finally just opened it up, and as I was removing the igniter, noticed that it was unplugged. So, I plugged it in and now it's glowing nice and pretty. However, gas is not flowing to the oven, and it won't ignite. Is there a reset button or something to get the gas valve to open?
There is not, the igniter should glow for 2 minutes before it let's gas out. If it doesn't let the gas out, you need to order and replace the safety gas valve because it's just not working.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. Waiting was all that was required. Patience is a virtue. Thanks again for your help. Well worth the money. My wife is now happy.

Have a great weekend.
no problem and you have a good day.