Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag dryer knob is broken. Might because it is very hard

Maytag dryer knob is broken. Might because it is very hard to turn the metal piece that the knob attaches to and turns. Should I just get a new knob or does this require service? Please advise parts or service in Guelph, Onterio. XXXXXXXXXX [email protected]
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

if the shaft itself is hard to turn the timer will need to be replaced along with the knob, the gears inside the timer causing it to turn really hard eventually it will stop running, this is the timer, they start the GM up once you get older, you would need to replace both welcome to straighten out the problem, the part number is, timer, 33001624 and the knob number is XXXXX number, 22001659, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan