Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Type your question here

Type your question here
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

what is the issue with your kenmore? what type of machine is it? washer,dryer, ref. ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
washer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

plugged into another socket. when start a cycle it gets to the point of whem the baqsket is about to start turning to agitate the clothes and you just hear moteor noise no turning of the basket

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

if its a top load open the lid and there will be a tag in the back center with the model #, if its a front load open the door and and look there.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
front load 110.45976404
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok so this fills with water and the you hear the motor running but the tub doesnt turn? does this drian and spin if you advance it to spin?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we tried the drain and spin button too and that doesnt seem to work either. I cant tell if its draining but the drum doesnt turn

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
is the door locking?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok do you think the motor is actually running or do you think its the drain pump running? this does put water in at the begining of the cycle correct? you can hear it filling?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes it squirts a littel water in like normal at the beginning
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
have you seen any fault codes come up at all in the digital display?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
can we continue this around 12 today? I need to go out for a bit.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i see you didnt get all the iunformation - yes explained before that there was a P1 code. we pulle dout the cord and saw an arc marc on one of the prongs of the plug. I plugged it in to anothe rsocket and now this

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
for some reason your right , I never saw the code you said. P1 is a power prblem code.did you plug this into another socket on the same line in the house, same room?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

try this, put this in diagnostic mode,

MANUAL DIAGNOSTIC TEST

The washer must be empty and the control must be in the

OFF state before pressing the touch-pad sequence to

start the test.

Starting the Test Mode

n Close the door.

n Select any one key (except PAUSE/CANCEL) and follow

the steps below, using the same key (remember the key):

Press/

hold 4

sec's.

Ô

Release

for 4

sec's.

Ô

Press/

hold 4

sec's.

Ô

Release

for 4

sec's.

Ô

Press/

hold 4

sec's.

Ô

Release

for 4

sec's.

Ô

Press/

hold 4

sec's.,

NOTES: release

n Press the same key to advance to the next failure code.

n At the end of the procedure the program will loop back

to the beginning. This is a continuous loop.

n To cancel out of the Manual Test Mode press

PAUSE/CANCEL.

NOTE: After the diagnostic test has finished, unplug washer

or disconnect power cord and wait for 15 seconds, then plug

in washer or reconnect power cord.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes the other socket of the duplex outlet.

took clothes out thereis still water in the bottom

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok, you need to clean the pump trap first of all, remove the front acces panel under the door # XXXXX on this diagram, then you will see the drain pump, remove part # XXXXX on this daigram, it unscrews counter clockwise and pulls out, get some towels ready there will be water. open it slowly and then clean the trap, put it back in and try the machjine again, let me know if it restarts and runs.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tried the procedure but ? doesnt seem to do anything

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok the trap was loaded with stuff. it works now. thanks