Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The dryer settings are all very hot. Even the setting that

Customer Question

The dryer settings are all very hot. Even the setting that says low heat. However it does cool down when the setting is at that point. Does it need a new element or thermostat?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

What you're saying it sounds like a thermostat is bad, unless this still heats after the cycle gets to the cool down then the heating element is good, most likely it your high limit thermostat not shutting the heater off when it's supposed to, there are more than one thermostats in this however there is the cycling thermostat which tells the heater to come on off when it's up the temperature but if it's getting is hundred you say it is it sounds so you may have two thermostats gone, let me look up the parts and I will get back to just a little while, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information. You don't need to look up the parts as I would not be able to fix it. I will now contact a repair man. I am satisfied with your service but I can't see the green accept button. Where is it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay on yours you got a need to replace the cycling thermostat, if you click this following blue link it will take you to a you can order the part and there is a video there that shows you how to replace it, here's the link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Cycling-Thermostat/2893?modelNumber=YLTE6234DQ3#repairHelpVideoTabs this will take care of your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, I got your response after I sent this last response, the part is only around $23.00 so you don't get ripped off by service tech you know how much it is, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan