Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have need of a button that opens the door of my Sharp Carousel

I have need of a button that opens the door of my Sharp Carousel Microwave. I cannot find a service locally. Can you help? This is the MOdel # XXXXX the Micro. R-1472A. It's about 14 years old.

The door closes and locks, but I have concerns about using the mico this way. Please advise.

Thank you

Pat Chambers
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Is it the button it's broken the one you push in to open the door? This is the button from the side view, is that what you're talking about? Part number 3-3 on this diagram,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, this is the one. Is there any danger using the micro until I get a new button? Can you order this for me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Do you know for sure that is the button that's broke? What I mean is is it falling out or hasn't fallen out? Or is it just kind of sticking in and you have to push it in further get the door open?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

This is the second time it has broken. I have used Krazy Glue to repair the bottom of the button, now the top has broken and I cannot locate the missing piece. When I push the button it pops out on the floor if I don't remember catch it!

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

ok, you can order this at this blue link online for $6.35, if you ordered it today you will probably get it by Tuesday this company is pretty good as far as using the machine as long as the doors shutting and staying locked there's nothing to worry about, even if the door popped open the microwave has safeties in it to shut the magnetron down so there would be no radiation or microwaves escaping from the microwave, here's the link so you can order the part, these break all the time, the check is to be really gentle when pushing and in to open the door, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

this is the link just click this blue link,