Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Neptune - Stacked Washer/Dryer, model Number

I have a Maytag Neptune - Stacked Washer/Dryer, model Number MLE2000AYW (Serial #: 77712881EA) with a few problems - which I think are related - they are with washer portion.

1) At the end of the washer cycle, there appears to still be water in the spin bin (not enough so you can see it visible, but when you turn the bin you can hear it slush around). I think it is not draining completely on shut down.
2) The section of the washer in the upper left hand where you add the detergent does not drain and pull the detergent into the washer. It just sits there permanently it appears.
3) At times the washer shuts down mid spin - this is on a random basis. There also is a mild smell of mold/mildew, perhaps from the lack of draining.

If these are common problems which I can repair, I would like to know how and some guidance on what to do.

Thanks again, you were a great help on the repair of my refrigerator with clear instructions.

Greg Toscano
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Did all these issues start at once? How long is this machine and how long has each symptom been prevalent in this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I've only owned the apartment for 4 years, and I bought it new (with all the appliances new). I am honestly not sure when the symptoms first started or if they started all at once, but i've had the water issue in the bin for at least a year and a half and only recently noticed that the part where you add the detergent is also not draining.

The machine shutting down sporadically has been an issue from day 1, but not a huge one. I'm more concerned with the water drainage.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Okay will the drain problem has to do with the pump,these pumps fail a lot and what happens is the impeller blades trips on the shaft so it will pump some of the water out but it's not really spinning up to speed and getting all the water out in the allotted time allowed by the timer, as far as the dispenser goes it is most likely either issue with the valve that sends the water through it for the detergent part of the dispenser may be faulty, and not sending water through the dispenser to the part with the detergent is, as you can see there are several different solenoids on this valve and control different aspects of the wash cycle, it's either that or the dispenser to that runs to the tub for the detergent is clogged, these issues may be tied together though, these machines can be a real pain to work on so you may want to call it technician and have them isolate the different issues rather than start replacing parts not knowing for sure it is the issue, I am however including a link to all the diagrams and parts for your machine if you want to tackle this yourself, hope this helps, just click the blue link below and it will take you to the diagrams, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Washer-dryer-combo-Parts/Model-MLE2000AYW/3048/0152000?pathTaken=&prst=0&shdMod=MLE2000AYW

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I think the pump you reccomended me to purchase is for an older series. Unfortunate as I figured it out while installing it (which wasn't that hard to locate - but the part is not the same pump).

For newer series I think you need this pump:
22003244
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
okay you have this one, sorry sometimes they change them mid year, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, thats the part I required. I would imagine all the machines in the last 4-5 years and going forward would need this part.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You're probably right, actually they showed two different pumps when i looked up the part this time, I guess you got a be there to be sure, I have a great weekend or what's left of it, thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician