Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

My LG front loader is about 4 years old now. its in a small

My LG front loader is about 4 years old now. its in a small laundry room on a first floor 2 story home. I installed a 1" thick horse stall heavy rubber mat under it and constantly check for level. The spin cycle causes it to shake and make noise like the drum is rubbing. Its pretty violent sounding. The machine never errors out for unbalanced or anything but I can't help but wonder how this is going to affect longevity. Any input?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have a model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
your problem is the main tub bearing, this job however is huge, its not for a novice, the whole machine has to come apart and the tub spit to get to the rear where the bearing is, the inner tub has to be removed and basically the whole machine has to be taken apart, it's best to call it technician to do this, I hate given this answer but believe me this is a job you don't want to tackle, hope this information is useful though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I understand your answer and thank you. However I should mention that this has done this since day 1. Could that bearing have been bad from brand new?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yes I was if it wasn't pressed into the tub correctly it could be, a lot of you had this 4 years ? It's definitely too late for service under warranty, have you ever had this problem looked at when you first got it? If so what did they say?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No we always thought that was how it's supposed to be because of the speed that it spins. Can you give me a ballpark cost to fix? I know it's different from area to area.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well the bearing runs around $30.00, the average service call charge is around $79.00 then you have labor on top of that which averages $40 the $50, and hour, you are probably looking at about $300.00 in all but that all depends on who you call, it's a time-consuming job in most of the cost is in the labor, it's definitely not normal for these two sound like they are scraping, or rubbing, if you real lucky maybe it's something simpler than that like something was left in the tub while assembling it but I really can't say for sure, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan