Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I press the knob to start but wont run. If I hold the

When I press the knob to start but won't run. If I hold the button down for short time to order to run and start smell like something burn. Where do I look for? My husband did fix it before and won't tell me. So, help me what should I do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

This is not good, it means the motor is bad, when you hold the button down it starts? When you let it go it stops?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So, does this mean the whole motor is bad. Is there any way I get it going?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
When you press the button does the drum start to turn? What's going on is the run windings in the motor a shot or the centrifugal switch is bad, this is the motor, the problem is you would need to replace the whole motor even if it was just the centrifugal switch because they do not sell the separately, and unfortunately there is no way to get it going because it won't keep running and there's nothing you can do for that, the motor would need to be replaced, you can order it at the following link if you wish, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan