Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer (Kenmore(NNN) NNN-NNNN does not fully drain after wash

My washer (Kenmore(NNN) NNN-NNNN does not fully drain after wash cycle. Drain water comes out very slow. Is there a plug somewhere in line? If I manully drain water down, then run the Drain & Spin cycle, it will light up the Clothes Clean light.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

there is more to the model # XXXXX you get that to me? If you open the door there will be a model number tag, try to get it off of that, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model 110.46472501

Ser# XXXXX (if you need it)

Model 831

Fantastic got it, you need to clean your drain pump trap, this is a fairly simple operation, you need to remove the bottom access panel under the door, on this diagram you need to take the screws out marked number 21 and pull the panel off, then as you can see in the picture there is a cap turn this Counterclockwise and pull the trap out slowly because there will be some water get some towels ready, clean the trap of any obstructions and also clean any may see in the hose, once this is done try the machine again, it should run fine, this is a very common problem in these traps need to be cleaned periodically around every three months or so to keep them from clogging up, hope this information is useful, thanks the diagrams below, well wishes Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need to open up the back panel to get at this trap? The washer was used to clean some fairly dirty woven rugs that put out a lot of lint/grime. It worked fine before that. Do you think this could have caused this?
Yeah if you washed rugs in it it's most definitely the cause, the fibers and things like that from the rug will get stuck in the pump trap, and you don't need to remove the back you do all of this from the front, the access panel is right under the front door, never wash rugs in these, take them to the laundromat and wreck their machines instead, LOL, anyway cleaner the trap should take care of it, if you still have a problem after you clean the trap you may need to remove the pump itself which is all one piece as shown in the picture above and clean inside the pump also, you can do this without taking the pump part in most cases if you have a pair of needle nose pliers, just look down the holes where the hoses were connected and pull any debris out of the pump itself, in most cases however the pump trap cleaning will take care the issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry it took so long. Trap was nasty. Found $1.37 in change. That certainly wasn't going to make it through the pump. I ran the washer after cleaning out the trap. It worked just fine. Thank you very much!