Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a MSD2456DE Maytag side by side refrigerator. I did

I have a MSD2456DE Maytag side by side refrigerator. I did a manual defrost taking off the back panels and letting the defrost for a day or two. when it was all defrosted, the fridge forged fine for a few days. Now, the freezer is plenty cold, but the fresh food compartment is too warm. The doesn't seem to be enough airflow even though the fan is clearly running.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

you cant feel any flow through the damper?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
None to very little airflow is coming through the damper. The damper is open.

you can see the damper door is open?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes, the damper door is open
is the back panel in the freezer (inside) back on? in other words did you put it all back together?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I re-instaleld all of the panels (inside back) of the Freezer compartment correctly.
sounds like the fan even though its clearly running its not running up to speed, this is a common issue, replace the fan. you can order this @ thats all it can be if the vents and damper are open, thanks Bryan