Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Viking dishwasher model VU141 and my pump wing got

I have a Viking dishwasher model VU141 and my pump wing got filleted after I removed it for cleaning and apparently replaced it improperly. Now my washer is making a whining noise. I need a new pump wing. Where can I get one?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is it the wash pamp or drain?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't understand your question. The dishwasher has a drain. The is a small yellow plastic part that is called a pump wing. I removed it while cleaning my filters. I replaced it and ran the machine. Now it's making a continuous whining sound. I checked and noticed that the yellow part is gone. I need to replace it
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
There are actually two pumps in this, one is the wash pump in one is the drain pump I'm gathering by what you're saying you are talking about the wash pump, did you do this from the inside of the machine in take the spray arm and everything apart on it to get to it? Here is a diagram can you tell me which part you need on this diagram, ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need part #45
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
part # XXXXX is the plate cover. heres a link to the part. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Link is not opening