Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have Bosch SHU66C05UC/14 dishwasher that wont fill. The

I have Bosch SHU66C05UC/14 dishwasher that won't fill. The primary solenoid water supply valve is clear and functioning properly(I disconnected the output side hose and water will flow with good pressure through it). I winterized it with RV type non toxic antifreeze. Does this unit have a float valve or switch somewhere that could get stuck closed? I tried filling the cabinet manually with hot tap water and the pump will empty it OK, it just won't fill. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm in a very remote location.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this does have a float in the bottom catch pan under the machine, its a Styrofoam float in its in the base pan, most likely the float is stuck,you will need to check the base pan for water and also make sure the float is stuck in the up position, I'm trying to get you some diagrams for this so give me a little bit and I'll see if I can find for you, do you have the machine pullout from under the cabinet?

graphicpart # XXXXX on this diagram is the float assembly, you need to go in from the side of the machine, this requires removing the side panel, on the left side looking from the front, see if the float is stuck up, this is very difficult to get to you may need to use a long stick of some type and try pushing the float down gently, it may be stuck up since this is been in storage for a while, if this float is stuck up the machine will not fill thinking there is water in the basepan, this should take care of your issue, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan, I'll go give this a try now. I'll gladly accept with positive feedback if it works. I may be awhile,I have to work another job at 9:00, so may not finish this until this eve.
Thanks, Rob
sure no problem, just let me know, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hey Bryan,
Thanks much, your answer was the solution. Greatly appreciated!!
your very welcome, thanks Bryan