Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hey I have a Whirlpool Gold GU 1500 dishwasher that was working

Hey I have a Whirlpool Gold GU 1500 dishwasher that was working fine until i changed my disposal. Both are only 6 years old. The disposal was an easy fix. Wiring, dishwater hose disposal and bracket it in. Since then the washer will not empty completely. It leave about 3-4" of water after each wash. I guess its emptying or there would be water all over the floor. Right? But it won't finish the pump out. My wife is now obsessed with bailing.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

when you put the new garbage dispolsal in did you punch out the block cap in where the drain from your dish washer connects to it? if you take your drain hose back off under the sink where it connects to the disposal and stick your finger in the hole you will feel the knockout you are supposse to knock out, they put one in the disposal so if you dont have a dish washer it wont leak out the hole. let me know, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No do I push it in or pull it out?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
take a screw driver or a socket extention and a hammer and punch it in from the outside, once you punch it out you will see it inside the disposal, get it out with a pair of needle nose plyers, its only plastic. it will look like a quarter.