Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

The ice maker on our Kitchenaid Superba is not working at all.

The ice maker on our Kitchenaid Superba is not working at all. No water is going into it and it is not cycling. The model number is XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you open the door first, look at the red light to the right, is it flashing 2 times and then pausing over and over? If you shut the flap on the left side and make a clear path from right to left, does the light turn solid?

OK, now look inside the icemaker itself, is there any ice or water in the icemaker mold? There are white fingers that push the ice out of the icemaker mold, what direction are they facing? Are they above the horizon or below? Pointing forward or backwards?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The light flashed twice and paused repeatedly, then turned solid when I closed the flap.

Inside the icemaker, there is no ice or water in the mold. The white fincers are above the horizon pointing forward (or towards me as I look in the freezer).

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
OK so you could have a bad icemaker and not cycling or the unit may not just be filling up with water. Probably the best way to know what the problem for certain is to fill up the icemaker with a cup of water and just wait 24 hours to see if the icemaker cycles and dumps the ice. If it doesn't cycle, replace the icemaker because it's just bad. If it cycles but doesn't fill up with water, check the fill tube above the icemaker and if it's frozen solid, use a hair dryer and thaw it out. If it's not frozen, you'll need to replace the electronic water valve on the back of the refrigerator where your water supply line from your house connects to your refrigerator itself.